Erasmus+ Studies

* Dear Student we would appreciate if you could contact us using e-mail addresses other than hotmail.  Due to internal problems we do NOT receive e-mail from this address. 


» Application procedure & deadlines

A succesfull application consists of several steps before and after arrival at JU

  • Deadlines and important dates

      Apply before the deadlines

  • 31 May 2018 for the 1st semester/ winter semester 2018/2019 (the semester starts on 1 October 2018)
  • 30 November 2018 for the 2nd semester/ summer semester 2018/2019 (starts on 23 February 2019)
  • For the Faculty of Medicine there is only one deadline, all students should apply by the 31st of May 2018. 


Results of the application procedure will be available in the Exchange Application Form. Students are advised to check the status of their application on a regular basis, however most probably the results will be announced in June 2018. 

Please be informed that acceptance letters are issued upon request. Therefore, if you need an offical acceptance letter for your home university, please contact us via e-mail or send us a message in the Exchange Application Form. 


  • Complete the following steps before arrival at JU
  1. Apply in the Exchange Application Form and follow all necessary steps decsribed in the application; 
  2. Remember that the printed paper Application Form should be stamped and confirmed with signature of your home Erasmus+ coordinator; Please remember also that we need to obtain authorization to contact in emergency situations in case of some emergency
  3. As a language certificate we accept any copy of your Language Certificate of minimum level B1/B2 or Language Proficiency form. If you are native speaker of English or Polish you do not need to attach certificates. See more: Language Command
  4. Contact your home Erasmus+ coordinator and then the JU departmental Erasmus+ coordinator to consult and prepare your Learning Agreement. Send your LA directly to the departmental Erasmus+ coordinator for approval and confirmation. Do not send it to the International Students Office. See more: Learning agreement. Please prepare your LA before the mobility, you have time to verify "Learning Agreement before the mobility", so you have time till start of the semester.
  5. Please remember to consult your LA with the departmental Erasmus+ coordinators from your home University (sending university) and from the Jagiellonian University (receiving university) and send them your Learning agreement for their confirmation.

List of the obligatory documents:

- Exchange Application Form (printed out, singned by student and sending coordinator and scanned) - 31 of May or 30 of November

- Language Certificate or Language Profficiency Form (printed out, singned and scanned) - 31 of May or 30 of November

- Learning Agreement (printed out, signed  by student and departmental Erasmus+ coordinators and scanned) - before start of semester 1 of October or 23 of February


  • Registration after arrival at JU
    • Erasmus+ students must register themselves in the International Students Office JU after arrival to Kraków
    • Registration for the studies at JU usually starts 2 weeks before start of the semester
    • In order to register sucesfully you should bring the following documents
      • your personal ID card (i.e. personal ID, passport)
      • your insurance card (or any valid document confirming your insurance),
      • one pass photo,
      • any document that you may need to be confirmed upon arrival and registration


  • In course of registration you will get

Login and password to the university system USOSweb (required for registration to the courses and classes, communication, wi-fi, checking results, getting transcript of records)


  • Additional information

Copies of and (if given original) personal documents are archived and stored in the International Students Office. Learning Agreement documents are archived and stored by Erasmus+ departmental coordinators

» Course offer

International students studying at the Jagiellonian University within exchange programmes such as Erasmus+ and CEEPUS, as well as within bilateral agreements and Utrecht Network - have a wide choice of non-degree courses in Polish and foreign languages offered by 15 faculties.

Students may choose among courses offered by the institute, to which the student is enrolled. In order to register for courses of other institute / faculty, both institutional coordinators should give their consent. ERASMUS students and other exchange students may attend courses taught in Polish and the non-degree programmes in English free of charge.

Where to find the courses and course descriptions?

  • the USOSweb system:

> Go to USOSweb (> Main menu Directory > Courses > Directory > choose from hierarchy > Find your unit of interest e.g. Faculty of Law and Aministration > Left menu courses conducted > Info Box: show courses offered by this faculty

You may check information about the courses in English gathered from Faculties in one list below. Please check the details about the course in USOSweb system (information above).

List of the courses in English and other languages planned for 2018/2019 Academic Year

List of the courses in English and other foreign languages for the Academic Year 2017/2018:

Where and how to register to a course?


  • via the USOSweb, if the registration to the course is active in USOSweb in TWO OBLIGATORY steps
  1. register via the USOSweb to the course (USOSweb instruction is available here)
  2. link the course, you would like to attend, to ER-International Students Office (Linkage instructions - two available - 1 and 2)

» Learning Agreement (LA)

  • In order to arrange your  Learning Agreement you should search for the equivalent courses in English and/or other languages. See more Course Offer;
  • It is required from the Erasmus+ departmental coordinators at both your home University and the host University (the Jagiellonian University) to approve (sign and stamp) your programme of study using the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) Learning Agreement;
  • Changes in the Learning Agreement should be discussed and approved by you Erasmus+ departmental coordinator at JU and your home university Erasmus+ coordinator. There is a special form "Changes in the Learning Agreement", which you've got from your home university and which must be filled in, signed by the coordinator and attached to your LA.


» List of coordinators

  • Questions concerning the ECTS Learning Agreement and all other enquiries should be addressed to the departmental Erasmus+ coordinators from the respective faculty or institute;

  • Erasmus+ coordinators 

» Language command

  • In general

In order to participate in the Erasmus+ exchange you have to prove your English command. After the online application, please send to JU International Students Office the confirmed application form with the Language Proficiency form (or copy of any language certificate B1/B2 level).

  • If you are an English Philology Student

Students applying to be Erasmus at the Department of English Studies of the Jagiellonian University must have proficiency in English at level C1 (equivalent of Cambridge Advanced Examination in English(CAE)). Students who do not have a command of English at the C1 level will not be able to take courses in the Department of English Studies for credits.

  • If you are an German Philology Student

Student applying to be Erasmus at the Department of German Studies of the Jagiellonian University must have proficiency in German at level C1 (equivalent of Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II)). Students who do not have a command of German at the C1 level will not be able to take courses in the Department of German Studies for credit.

  • If you are a Medicine Student

Students applying to be Erasmus at the Faculty of Medicine of the Jagiellonian University must contact the departamental Erasmus coordinator from Medicine (see here the list of Erasmus departmental coordinators). Apart from all required documents students at the Faculty of Medicine should present their transcript of records.

In order to join the Medicine courses students have to prove sufficient knowledge of Polish or English on B2 level.

» Visa & Insurance

  • Visa
    • For EU citizens there are no visa requirments, though if your stay is planned for more than 3 months you should register your stay in Department of Nationals' and Foreigners' Affairs, address: ul. Przy Rondzie 6, ground floor (foreigners' affairs room)
    • Visa requirements depend on your citizenship. From some international students it is required to have a passport and student visa in order to enter Poland, while others only require a visa if they arrive in Poland with the intention of studying, even if they do not need one to cross the border
    • For information about the visa procedure for non EU citizens, please contact the Polish Consulate in your home country
    • For visa formalities and residence cards you may contact the Department of Nationals' and Foreigners' Affairs, address: ul. Przy Rondzie 6, ground floor (foreigners' affairs room)


  • Insurance
    • International students at the Jagiellonian University must have an insurance that is valid in Poland, because the Jagiellonian University does not provide any health insurance for students
    • EU students should have their own insurance valid for the territory of European Union (for example European Health Insurance Card or other)
    • Students from other countries than from European Union should obtain medical care/health insurance
      • from their home country
      • or hold an European Health Insurance Card;
      • or sign an individual medical care agreement directly with an insurer (e.g. Polish National Health Fund, ul. Batorego 24, call centre: (+48) (12) 19488; Falck, call centre: 19675; PZU Życie S.A., call centre: 0801 111 811, etc.). The monthly cost of individual insurance is ca. 50 PLN

» Housing

University halls of residence

  • Allocation of places in the students' dormitories of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków to the participants of the Erasmus+ programme have been determined in: Regulation no 58 Jagiellonian University's Rector of 12 July 2016,

  • Places in the students' dormitory are allocated upon the application of the participant of the programme. The application for the allocation of a place in the students' dormitory should be submitted online by filling in a form available on the platform of long-distance learning (you will get acces to your account by email, if you marked in the exchange application form for Erasmus+ programme that you want to stay in the dormitory).

  • Please be informed that you can apply for a dormitory, only after you have received the acceptance letter.

  • To apply for a place, you need to log in to USOSweb -> Common Section -> Applications -> Application for placement in dormitory in the academic year 2017/2018 (participants of the Erasmus+ programme).

  • An instruction is available here.

  • When to apply?

  1. Winter semester/whole academic year:

July 14 – 25, 2018 r. – I round,

August 12, 2018 – information about allocation,

August 16 – 23, 2018 – II round (reconsideration requests),

September 13, 2018 – information about allocation,

  1. Summer semester:

January 9 – 22, 2019 r. - I round,

February 8, 2019 r. – information about allocation.

  • The participant of the programme, who resigns from the allocated place in the students' dormitory is obliged to notify the International Students' Office about this fact.

  • Please note, that we are not able to offer housing to all international students and reservations of the places for Erasmus+ students are made at random.

Private housing

  • The cost offer for private housing ranges between 400 and 2000 złoty, depending on whether you are sharing a room/flat, and with how many people, how far from the centre etc.
  • There are different housing agencies where students can search for private accommodation: i.e. "Bratniak" Foundation Agency of Housing and Work or Bratnia Pomoc Akademicka (ul. Św. Anny) or other estate agencies. Erasmus Student Network, a student organisation at the Jagiellonian University, helps international student with finding a flat or room.

» Fees

Erasmus students are waved from paying the study fees, however this does not always apply to English and Polish language courses.

» Academic Calendar 2016/2017 & 2017/2018

» USOSweb & University e-mail

  • in order to log into the USOSweb (University System of Students Services) you need a password and log-in, that will be sent to you before the start of the semester;
  • once you've got a log-in and password to the USOSweb, you will be able to activate your University e-mail account;
  • tutorial how to activate the University e-mail

» ESN Mentoring

» Life in Kraków - practical information

Visiting Kraków

  • before you visit Kraków you can go for a virtual walk and see an aerial picture of Kraków

Costs of living

The avarage costs of eating and drinking in month are at least 500 zl (≈ 120 EU)


Bread 3.27 PLN (≈ 1 EU)

Milk (1L) 2.28 PLN (≈ 0,60 EU)

Eggs (10 items)  8 PLN (≈ 2 EU)

Musli 8 PLN (≈ 2 EU)

Bar of chocolate 5 PLN (≈ 1,20 EU)

Cup of coffee 6 PLN (≈ 2,50 EU)

Meal in a cantine 10-20 PLN (≈2,5-5EU)

Meal in a restaurant 40-…PLN (≈ 10 EU)

1 kg of apples 3 PLN (≈ 0,70 EU)

100 g of ham 3 PLN (≈ 0,70 EU)

100 g of chees 5 PLN (≈ 1,10 EU)


The avarage cost of living in a students dormitory is 350-400 PLN (≈ 100 EU)

Costs of private room or flat ranges between 400 and 2000 PLN (≈ 100 EU -  500 EU)

Costs of renting a whole apartment ranges between 1300-4000 PLN (≈ 300 EU – 1000 EU)

Costs of renting a whole house ranges between 5000-…. PLN (≈ 1200 EU - …)


Studying with disability

Please consult the Disability Students Service of JU



» Student ID Card

In order to receive the student ID card

  • you need to provide a pass photo,
  • and pay for the student ID card 17 PLN with a money transfer on the individua bank account number given in your USOSweb account
  • the student ID card you can pick up in our office 5-7 days after the payment

Keep in mind that you must extend the student ID card in our office after one semester if you stay longer than one semester at the Jagiellonian Univesity.

» Fact sheet

Here you will find the actual Fact Sheet about mobility at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków

» Public transport

  • The nearest MPK ticket selling point - ul. Podwale 3
  • In order to find the right connection with tram and bus - use the page "Jak dojade"
  • For more information about the public transport in Kraków see here

» Health care

Health care

24h medical information hotline +48 12 661 22 40

The public health care provides medical care either to people insured in NFZ Polish National Health Fund or carrying valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Other private insurances will not be honoured and you will have to pay a bill for medical service in public health care.   

The public medical service is organized as follows:

  • Hospital Emergency Departments called SOR (Szpitalny Oddział Ratowniczy) – are open 24h a day and their services range from treating severe injuries to life-threatening conditions.

A list of emergency departments in Kraków:

5 Wojskowy Szpital Kliniczny Z Polikliniką - Samodzielny Publiczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej W Krakowie


Ul. Wrocławska 1-3


12 63 08 138 lub 140

Szpital Miejski Specjalistyczny Im.G.Narutowicza W Krakowie

Ul.  Prądnicka  35/37 Kraków-Krowodrza

12 25 78 280 lub 672

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im Stefana Żeromskiego Samodzielny Publiczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej W Krakowie

Os. Na Skarpie 66 Kraków-Nowa Huta

12 62 29 260 lub 488

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im. Ludwika Rydygiera W Krakowie

os. Złotej Jesieni 1Kraków-Nowa Huta

12 64 68 680  

SZPITAL UNIWERSYTECKI W KRAKOWIE - Centrum Urazowe Medycyny Ratunkowej I Katastrof

Kopernika 50Kraków-Śródmieście

12 35 16 601

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im.Józefa Dietla W Krakowie

Ul. Skarbowa 4


12 68 76 200  w.1

Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny Im. Jana Pawła Ii

Prądnicka 80,


12 61 43 060

Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej Ministerstwa Spraw Wewnętrznych I Administracji W Krakowie

Ul.  Galla 25


12 66 23 182

Uniwersytecki Szpital Dziecięcy W Krakowie

Ul.  Wielicka 265 Kraków-Podgórze

12 65 82 011 w. 1032, 1129, 1113

Szpital Św. Rafała

Ul.  Bochenka 12

Kraków - Wola Duchacka

12  65 00 818, 819

Wojewódzki Specjalistyczny Szpital Dziecięcy Im.Św. Ludwika W Krakowie

Strzelecka 2


12 61 98 613


  • Primary Health Care Centre (called przychodnia or Podstawowa Opieka Zdrowotna POZ) – if you need to see a doctor, you should go to one of primary health centres.  International students can go to all primary health care centres, but they should keep in mind that not everywhere the registration in English is possible. One of the primary health care centre where you can register with the GP in English is:

Centrum Medyczne 4M, ul. Krowoderska 17, tel. 12 307 44 44

Once you selected your primary health clinic, you need to choose your GP (general practitioner). Primary health care centres are open from 8 pm-6pm.

  • Urgent Care Centres (called Ambulatorium) – if you need to see a doctor due to illness requiring immediate care, but your primary health care clinic is close, you should go to urgent care centres. These facilities are usually open from 6pm-8am.

A list of urgent care centres in Kraków:

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, Al. Pokoju 4

12 411 83 96

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Rusznikarska 17

12 357 50 10

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Galla 24

12 294 73 83

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Komorowskiego 12

12 357 14 75

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Szwedzka 27

12 266 02 70

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Białoruska 15

12 655 51 89

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Kutrzeby 4

12 656 10 07

Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Ludwika Rydygiera

Kraków, os. Złotej Jesieni 1

12 64 68 792

OPC sp. z o.o. KRAKÓW sp.komandytowa

Kraków, os. Na Skarpie 66

12 357 52 48


» Welcome Guide

Please read our Guide for International Students to find useful information about the exchange.


  • the old version of Guide for Foreign Students is available here

» Welcome Guide

Please read our Guide for International Students to find useful information about the exchange.


  • the old version of Guide for Foreign Students is available here


Krzysztof Byrski, MA

Aleksandra Szklarzewicz, MA

Monika Butryn, MA

Iryna Tsykra

International Students Office
ERASMUS+ Programme

Gołębia 24, room 21,
31-007 Krakow, Poland
phone: (+48 12) 663 1071, (+48 12) 663 1072, (+48 12) 663 1073
fax: (+48 12) 663 1545