Erasmus+ Students

» Application procedure & deadlines

  • Deadlines and important dates

      Apply before the deadlines

  • May 30th, 2017 for 1st semester/ winter semester 2017/2018 (the semesters starts on October 1st, 2017)
  • November 30th, 2017 for 2nd semester/ summer semester 2017/2018 (starts on February 24th, 2018)
  • Once accepted, the student will be provided with an information pack with an official letter of acceptance and other practical information regarding living and studying in Krakow. They will receive this by post preceded by an email with confirmation in June/July 2017
  • Application should consist of the following documents
  1. printed online Exchange Application Form
  2. transcript of records (list of results) with the average grade
  3. english language proficiency form (min. B2 level; copy of any officila english language certificate)
  4. scan of personal ID or passport
  5. motivation letter
  6. study plan that is Learning Agreement
  • Complete the following steps before arrival at JU
  1. Complete the online Exchange Application Form and print it.
  2. Confirm the printed paper Application Form with the stamp and the signature of your home Erasmus+ coordinator;
  3. Send the confirmed paper Application Form together with the copy of your Language Certificate of level B2 or Language Proficiency form to the International Students Office JU by email, fax (+48 12 663 15 45) or post (contact). If you are native speaker of English or Polish you do not need to attach the certificate. See more: Language Command. Before you send us the hardcopy via traditional post, don't forget to scan or just photocopy your documents, in case of lost mail.
  4. Contact firstly your home Erasmus coordinator and then the JU departmental Erasmus coordinator to prepare or consult your Learning Agreement. Send your LA together with the main application. See more: Learning agreement;
  5. Please remember to consult your LA with the departmental Erasmus+ coordinators from your home University (sending university) and from the Jagiellonian University (receiving university) and send them your Learning agreement for their confirmation.
  • Registration after arrival at JU
    • Erasmus+ students must register themselves in the International Students Office after the arrival at JU
    • In order to register sucesfully you should bring your
      • ID card,
      • insurance card (or any valid document confirming your insurance),
      • one pass photo,
      • any document that you may need to be confirmed upon arrival and registration
  • In course of registration you will get
  • Login and password to the university system USOSweb (required for course registration, communication, wi-fi, checking results, getting transcript of records)
  • Additional information
  • Copies of and (if given original) personal documents are archived and stored in the International Students Office. Learning Agreement documents are archived and stored by Erasmus+ departmental coordinators

» Learning Agreement (LA)

  • In order to arrange your  Learning Agreement you should search for the equivalent courses in English and/or other languages. See more Course Offer;
  • It is required from the Erasmus+ departmental coordinators at both your home University and the host University (the Jagiellonian University) to approve (sign and stamp) your programme of study using the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) Learning Agreement;
  • Questions concerning the ECTS Learning Agreement and all other enquiries should be addressed to the departmental Erasmus+ coordinators from the respective faculty or institute;
  • Changes in the Learning Agreement should be discussed and approved by you Erasmus+ departmental coordinator at JU and your home university Erasmus+ coordinator. There is a special form "Changes in the Learning Agreement", which you've got from your home university and which must be filled in, signed by the coordinator and attached to your LA.


» Language command

  • In general

In order to participate in the Erasmus+ exchange you have to prove your English command. After the online application, please send to JU International Students Office the confirmed application form with the Language Proficiency form (or copy of any language certificate B2 level).

  • If you are an English Philology Student

Students applying to be Erasmus at the Department of English Studies of the Jagiellonian University must have proficiency in English at level C1 (equivalent of Cambridge Advanced Examination in English(CAE)). Students who do not have a command of English at the C1 level will not be able to take courses in the Department of English Studies for credits.

  • If you are an German Philology Student

Student applying to be Erasmus at the Department of German Studies of the Jagiellonian University must have proficiency in German at level C1 (equivalent of Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II)). Students who do not have a command of German at the C1 level will not be able to take courses in the Department of German Studies for credit.

  • If you are a Medicine Student

Students applying to be Erasmus at the Faculty of Medicine of the Jagiellonian University must contact the departamental Erasmus coordinator from Medicine (see here the list of Erasmus departmental coordinators). Apart from all required documents students at the Faculty of Medicine should present their transcript of records.

In order to join the Medicine courses students have to prove sufficient knowledge of Polish or English on B2 level.

» Visa & Insurance

  • Visa
  • Visa requirements depend on your citizenship. From some international students it is required to have a passport and student visa in order to enter Poland, while others only require a visa if they arrive in Poland with the intention of studying, even if they do not need one to cross the border
  • For information about the visa procedure for non EU citizens, please contact the Polish Consulate in your home country
  • For visa formalities and residence cards you may contact the Department of Nationals' and Foreigners' Affairs, address: ul. Przy Rondzie 6, ground floor (foreigners' affairs room)


  • Insurance
    • International students at the Jagiellonian University must have an insurance that is valid in Poland, because the Jagiellonian University does not provide any health insurance for students
    • Students from other countries than from European Union should obtain medical care/health insurance valid in Poland
      • in their home country
      • or hold an European Health Insurance Card;
      • or sign an individual medical care agreement directly with an insurer (e.g. Polish National Health Fund, ul. Batorego 24, call centre: (+48) (12) 19488; Falck, call centre: 19675; PZU Życie S.A., call centre: 0801 111 811, etc.). The monthly cost of individual insurance is ca. 50 PLN

» Housing

Erasmus students may apply for a place in the student dormitory via the online Application Form, see Application and deadlines. The decision, whether a place in a student dormitory was awarded will be provided in the official letter of acceptance see Application and deadlines.

  • University halls of residence
  • We offer shared (double) rooms usually in the Piast dormitory (ul. Piastowska 47, Kraków). The cost per person is currently 380 PLN per month, including internet access (1EUR=ca. 4PLN). Information about housing conditions in Piast
  • Please note, that we are not able to offer housing to all international students and reservations of the places for Erasmus students are made at random


  • Private housing
  • The cost offer for private housing ranges between 300 and 2000 złoty, depending on whether you are sharing a room/flat, and with how many people, how far from the centre etc.
  • Erasmus Student Network (go to ESN), a student organisation at the Jagiellonian University, helps international student with finding a flat or room

For more information see website Study in Krakow

» Fees

Erasmus students are waved from paying the study fees, however this does not always apply to English and Polish language courses.

» Academic Calendar 2016/2017 & 2017/2018

» USOSweb & University e-mail

  • in order to log into the USOSweb (University System of Students Services) you need a password and log-in, that you will get during the registration in our office;
  • once you've got a log-in and password to the USOSweb by the registration in our office, you will be able to activate your University e-mail account;
  • tutorial how to activate the University e-mail

» ESN Mentoring

  • find your mentor via ESN UJ Kraków - the best ESN section in Europe of 2012

» Life in Kraków - practical information

Visiting Kraków

  • before you visit Kraków you can go for a virtual walk and see an aerial picture of Kraków

Costs of living

The avarage costs of eating and drinking in month are at least 500 zl (≈ 120 EU)


Bread 3.27 PLN (≈ 1 EU)

Milk (1L) 2.28 PLN (≈ 0,60 EU)

Eggs (10 items)  8 PLN (≈ 2 EU)

Musli 8 PLN (≈ 2 EU)

Bar of chocolate 5 PLN (≈ 1,20 EU)

Cup of coffee 6 PLN (≈ 2,50 EU)

Meal in a cantine 10-20 PLN (≈2,5-5EU)

Meal in a restaurant 40-…PLN (≈ 10 EU)

1 kg of apples 3 PLN (≈ 0,70 EU)

100 g of ham 3 PLN (≈ 0,70 EU)

100 g of chees 5 PLN (≈ 1,10 EU)


The avarage cost of living in a students dormitory is 350-400 PLN (≈ 100 EU)

Costs of private room or flat ranges between 400 and 2000 PLN (≈ 100 EU -  500 EU)

Costs of renting a whole apartment ranges between 1300-4000 PLN (≈ 300 EU – 1000 EU)

Costs of renting a whole house ranges between 5000-…. PLN (≈ 1200 EU - …)


Studying with disability

Please consult the Disability Students Service of JU

» Student ID Card

In order to receive the student ID card

  • you need to provide a pass photo,
  • and pay for the student ID card 17 PLN with a money transfer on the individua bank account number given in your USOSweb account
  • the student ID card you can pick up in our office 5-7 days after the payment

Keep in mind that you must extend the student ID card in our office after one semester if you stay longer than one semester at the Jagiellonian Univesity.

» Fact sheet

Here you will find the actual Fact Sheet about mobility at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków

» Public transport

  • The nearest city transport ticket office (MPK) - ul. Podwale 3
  • In order to find the right connection with tram and bus - use the page "Jak dojade"
  • For more information about the public transport in Kraków see here

» Health care

Health care

24h medical information hotline +48 12 661 22 40

The public health care provides medical care either to people insured in NFZ Polish National Health Fund or carrying valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Other private insurances will not be honoured and you will have to pay a bill for medical service in public health care.   

The public medical service is organized as follows:

  • Hospital Emergency Departments called SOR (Szpitalny Oddział Ratowniczy) – are open 24h a day and their services range from treating severe injuries to life-threatening conditions.

A list of emergency departments in Kraków:

5 Wojskowy Szpital Kliniczny Z Polikliniką - Samodzielny Publiczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej W Krakowie


Ul. Wrocławska 1-3


12 63 08 138 lub 140

Szpital Miejski Specjalistyczny Im.G.Narutowicza W Krakowie

Ul.  Prądnicka  35/37 Kraków-Krowodrza

12 25 78 280 lub 672

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im Stefana Żeromskiego Samodzielny Publiczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej W Krakowie

Os. Na Skarpie 66 Kraków-Nowa Huta

12 62 29 260 lub 488

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im. Ludwika Rydygiera W Krakowie

os. Złotej Jesieni 1Kraków-Nowa Huta

12 64 68 680  

SZPITAL UNIWERSYTECKI W KRAKOWIE - Centrum Urazowe Medycyny Ratunkowej I Katastrof

Kopernika 50Kraków-Śródmieście

12 35 16 601

Szpital Specjalistyczny Im.Józefa Dietla W Krakowie

Ul. Skarbowa 4


12 68 76 200  w.1

Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny Im. Jana Pawła Ii

Prądnicka 80,


12 61 43 060

Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej Ministerstwa Spraw Wewnętrznych I Administracji W Krakowie

Ul.  Galla 25


12 66 23 182

Uniwersytecki Szpital Dziecięcy W Krakowie

Ul.  Wielicka 265 Kraków-Podgórze

12 65 82 011 w. 1032, 1129, 1113

Szpital Św. Rafała

Ul.  Bochenka 12

Kraków - Wola Duchacka

12  65 00 818, 819

Wojewódzki Specjalistyczny Szpital Dziecięcy Im.Św. Ludwika W Krakowie

Strzelecka 2


12 61 98 613


  • Primary Health Care Centre (called przychodnia or Podstawowa Opieka Zdrowotna POZ) – if you need to see a doctor, you should go to one of primary health centres.  International students can go to all primary health care centres, but they should keep in mind that not everywhere the registration in English is possible. One of the primary health care centre where you can register with the GP in English is:

Centrum Medyczne 4M, ul. Krowoderska 17, tel. 12 307 44 44

Once you selected your primary health clinic, you need to choose your GP (general practitioner). Primary health care centres are open from 8 pm-6pm.

  • Urgent Care Centres (called Ambulatorium) – if you need to see a doctor due to illness requiring immediate care, but your primary health care clinic is close, you should go to urgent care centres. These facilities are usually open from 6pm-8am.

A list of urgent care centres in Kraków:

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, Al. Pokoju 4

12 411 83 96

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Rusznikarska 17

12 357 50 10

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Galla 24

12 294 73 83

OPC sp. z o.o. sp.komandytowa

Kraków, ul. Komorowskiego 12

12 357 14 75

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Szwedzka 27

12 266 02 70

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Białoruska 15

12 655 51 89

NZOZ Kraków - Południe

Kraków, ul. Kutrzeby 4

12 656 10 07

Szpital Specjalistyczny im. Ludwika Rydygiera

Kraków, os. Złotej Jesieni 1

12 64 68 792

OPC sp. z o.o. KRAKÓW sp.komandytowa

Kraków, os. Na Skarpie 66

12 357 52 48



Katarzyna Wojczuk, MA

International Students Office
ERASMUS+ Programme

Gołębia 24, room 21,
31-007 Krakow, Poland
phone: (+48 12) 663 1546
fax: (+48 12) 663 1545